Wednesday, May 12, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
It’s all too easy to get caught up in the emotion and process of moving, that we often forget there is actually a proper etiquette to follow when packing up and leaving your home for the next family to enjoy. From cleaning, to what you should, and shouldn’t leave behind, here is how to make certain you are leaving your home in a manner that will leave the newest owners thankful!
· Clean up after yourself. While this might seem like a “no-brainer”, you’d be surprised at how many new homeowners walk into filthy houses after closing day. If a professional cleaning isn’t included in the contract, then, at the very least, make sure you take out the garbage and pick up anything dirty that might otherwise be left behind!
· Make sure everything is emptied out. This is one of the biggest annoyances reported by buyers come movinm ...
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
There’s no denying that smart homes and new constructions that come fully equipped with the latest technology are more and more becoming the norm in the housing market and the Lowcountry is no exception to this. While these features will give just about any homeowner piece-of-mind, there are also safety issues that should always be well-thought-out and understood when any new technology is put in place within your home.
Make sure to always follow these steps when dealing with the technology throughout your home and your family’s everyday life:
Personal Wi-Fi and Routers – Since just about everything that has to do with technology in your home will go directly through your family’s personal Wi-Fi, it’s important to start here when it comes to ensuring your home is safe and secure
· After you change the password, make sure the router is password protected. You should NEVER have a router in your home that is pu ...
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
There has never been a more opportune time for homeowners to put their home on the market and it is crucial that they have a trusted realtor at their side, guiding & advising them throughout the entire process! In a market where the majority of listed homes are receiving multiple offers, it’s more important than ever to confide in someone who you can trust and has expert experience in both the market and the Lowcountry community. While the current climate remains influenced by sites such as Zillow, it’s easy to understand why sellers are curious about listing their home FSBO, however, if you’re really serious about getting the best offer for your home, making sure you've dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's" to protect you in the process, it can’t be stressed enough that choosing to partner with the best local realtor is your best option.
Here are the main reasons why it’s imperative to always choose a realtor in your hom; ...
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
One of the best perks of living in the Lowcountry is getting to enjoy all of the amazing festivals that are held throughout the year. While most of them were left with no choice but to cancel in 2020, and some have postponed their 2021 events, there are a few major festivals planning their return this year! If you’re looking to finally get back into the community and enjoy a lively Lowcountry scene, make sure to put these events on your calendar now!
The Lowcountry Strawberry Festival – Thursday, April 29th – Sunday, May 2nd at Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens in Mt. Pleasant
· The Strawberry Festival has been a Lowcountry staple since 1997 and they are thrilled to be back after having to cancel for the first time ever in 2020. Families will enjoy a weekend full of picking your own strawberries, enjoying carnival rides, live entertainment, a petting zoo, a playground, a variety of contests, and much more!&; ...
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
The market is hot and the Lowcountry continues to be in high-demand for potential buyers! If you’ve been considering selling your home in the next year, or two, it’s time to seriously consider selling now!
Here are four main reasons why you should take advantage of the market and list your Lowcountry home as soon as possible:
· Buyers are incredibly motivated due to historically low-interest rates.
While interest rates continued to decline throughout the last year, potential buyers became increasingly interested in taking advantage of them. Throughout the pandemic, and the rest of 2021, these rates are expected to remain steady at about 3.125%, which is the average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage today. As long as the interest rates for mortgages remain low, purchasing a new home, especially for first-time buyers looking for starter homes and those looking for vacation homes will continue to be appea ...