Wednesday, October 20, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
The Arts & Seafood Festival in Bluffton is one of the most anticipated events of the year throughout the Lowcountry and it runs through Sunday the 24th! The 17th annual, award-winning event is highlighted by its popular street festival, and this year it will be held on Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th. Here is everything you need to know before heading to downtown Bluffton this weekend!
Friday, October 22nd
· May River Boat Tour – Boat tours will take place throughout the festival every hour, on the hour. Tickets are $30 per person and participants should meet at Public Dock at the end of Calhoun Street. Enjoy a one-hour guided boat cruise along the May while learning and searching for various wildlife and the habitat.
· Sips and Seafood Party – From 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm at Hewitt Oaks. Spend a beautiful evening under the stars; ...
Thursday, October 14, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Did you know that the Fall season is an incredible time to purchase a Beaufort home? And we have a great Buyer’s market right now!
What makes the Fall season such an amazing time to buy a home? Here’s what you need to know:
1. Less Competition. The spring season sees the most home buyers, but those home buyers may actually pay more for their homes as competition for those homes drives up sales price and competing bids. The Fall season has fewer buyers and more available inventory which can leave room for more negotiation on price.
2. Prices tend to drop in the Fall after the high season. Making your money go further to purchase the home that meets your needs.
3. You can take your time. Fall affords you time to truly find the home that matches your needs and to fully inspect that home before buying. During the Spring/Summer season of 2021, many buyers were fo. ...
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
It’s no secret that both Beaufort and Charleston, the two oldest towns in the state, have been known to be two of the most haunted cities in the country. And with this reputation has come a developing ghost tour scene that is truly unique and has become a can’t miss experience! While there are a plethora of tours between both Beaufort and Charleston, these are some of the most popular and well-known that are open for the 2021 season!
Tales of the Lowcountry
· Hours and dates vary, so make sure to reserve a timeslot online! Ticket prices are $20 per adult and $7 for children ages 6 – 12. All kids ages 5 and under are free.
· Join an expert guide through the oldest graveyard in Beaufort and learn all about the past residents who were buried alive, the history of who practiced voodoo in town, the notorious ! ...
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
One of the best ways to fully embrace fall in the Lowcountry is to frequent one of the area’s popular farmers' markets! These days, markets are about so much more than local produce. They’re about supporting local vendors and artisans, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, and embracing your community!
We are fortunate to be surrounded by quality markets, many open year-round, to choose from!
Olde Beaufort Farmers Market – Beaufort (Courthouse Square)
• The market takes place every Saturday, through mid-November, from 9:00 – 1:00.
• One thing is clear when you visit the Olde Beaufort Farmers Market: there is no lack of community pride and support. Beaufort residents can rely on the market to essentially provide them with all the produce they could possibly want, as well as farm fresh eggs, pasture-raised meat, honey, florals, and seafood caught in Beaufort’s own backyard. There is also a ! ...
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Fall is officially here and the beauty of the season just might be the Lowcountry’s best-kept secret! The weather is ideal and the events are endless. And one of the most rewarding ways to spend a perfect fall day throughout the Lowcountry is to take a trip to one of the many festive pumpkin patches! Some are in our very own backyard while others are well worth the drive – whichever you decide, your family is guaranteed to spend the day making great memories and new traditions!
Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch – Mount Pleasant
· The drive to Mount Pleasant is worth it when the Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch is involved! Over the years, it has become a staple not just in the area but also across the state. After taking a break from normal festivities last year, they are back in full swing, providing guests with quality pumpkins, hayrides, a petting zoo and so much more!
· ; ...