Friday, April 2, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Everywhere you look, Easter is upon us in the Lowcountry and there are ample opportunities to celebrate as a family this year! From egg hunts to enjoying time with the Easter Bunny, everyone is sure to have a weekend full of memories. So, get the family out of the house and enjoy Easter with the Lowcountry community this weekend!
Spring Market of Beaufort – Beaufort Academy campus courtyard (Beaufort)
· Saturday, April 3rd from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
· An ideal outdoor market for the entire family! Enjoy an afternoon of shopping, and supporting local vendors, while also partaking in train rides, pictures with the Easter Bunny, and delicious food from your favorite local eateries.
Easter Egg Hunt EGGstravaganza – The Salty Dog (Hilton Head)
· Saturday, April 3rd beginning at 9:00 am.
· Head to the Salty Dog Café for a morning full of family activities, including a 10,000-egg hunt! Each hunt will also feature one grand prize egg for the kids to search for. There will be prizes and treats for everyone in the family as well as an appearance by the Easter bunny himself.
The Amazing Race: Easter Edition – St. Luke’s Church (Hilton Head)
· Saturday, April 3rd from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
· Bring the family to St. Luke’s Church for an afternoon of scavenger hunt fun! Each family/team will have to perform an activity or game in order to receive each clue to bring them from station to station and complete the 10-challenge course. At the end of the scavenger hunt, each child will receive a treat bag. While the scavenger hunt itself will only take about 45 minutes, there will be plenty of other activities for the whole family to enjoy!
Hippity, Hoppity, the Easter Bunny is coming to Kilwins! – Kilwins (Bluffton)
· Sunday, April 4th from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm.
· Enjoy some of the best chocolate and treats in the Lowcountry while giving the kids to see the Easter bunny on Easter day itself! Families are encouraged to take as many pictures with the Easter bunny as they’d like.
Port Royal Easter Parade – Sprenger Health Care (Port Royal)
· Saturday, April 3rd from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm.
· Sprenger Health Care will be hosting a COVID-safe Easter Bunny parade this year in order to celebrate the holiday in style. Check the Facebook event for route information and get there early to ensure your family has a spot secured!
Easter Weekend at Fripp Island Resort – Fripp Island Resort (Fripp Island)
· Easter weekend, through Sunday, April 4th.
· Enjoy a weekend of festivities at Fripp Island Resort with the entire family. Activities range from Easter egg hunts, egg coloring activities, holiday services, and breakfast with the Easter Bunny! Check back on the event page for a full list of timeslots, prices, and dates for each activity.
A Visit with the Easter Bunny – Island Child Boutique (Hilton Head)
· Saturday, April 3rd from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
· Bring the kids for an afternoon of shopping while giving them the opportunity to visit with the Easter Bunny before the big day! Social distancing will be required and photographs are welcome.
Drive-Thru Easter Eggstravaganza – Shelter Cove Community Park and Lowcountry Celebration Park (Hilton Head)
· Saturday, April 3rd beginning at 10:30 am.
· Take the family to either park this Saturday to receive a complimentary Easter goodie bag for every child in the car! The event will last until the goodie bags run out.
Private Easter Wagon Ride – Sea Pines Resort (Hilton Head)
· Thursday, April 1st through Saturday, April 3rd.
· Take a private ride through the Sea Pines Forest Preserve and enjoy the beautiful scenery while playing “Easter I Spy”. The wagon can accommodate groups of up to 20 people for $95.00 per ride.
Aside from the many Easter-themed activities this weekend, don’t forget that this is also the perfect opportunity to support your favorite local restaurants for an ideal Easter meal, for either takeout or eat-in! Have a wonderful Easter with your family and loved ones!