Wednesday, January 13, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Every year, the entire state of South Carolina puts on a restaurant week unlike any other! Although this year is a little different, it’s an especially exciting restaurant week in Beaufort County because of the inaugural Oyster Festival! With these coinciding events, the whole family is sure to have a well-deserved fun-filled weekend full of exceptional Lowcountry cuisine and even better company.
Tides to Tables Restaurant Week
The restaurants that participate in Tides to Tables never disappoint and this year is no exception! Enjoy specialty menus that showcase what each restaurant is most proud of. Each restaurant will be participating in the event through January 17th and many are offering multiple course meals for dine-in and specials that can also be ordered for take-out, accommodating every guest’s preference! Now, more than ever, it’s crucial that our community supports our remarkable and unique local restaurants! Here are the restaurants participating this year:
· Breakwater – A fresh take on traditional southern deep-fried fare. Open Monday – Saturday at 5:00 pm.
· Fat Patties – Handcrafted burgers ranging from grass-fed beef to American shrimp. Open seven days a week at 11:00 am.
· Gilligan's – A fine family restaurant that serves only the freshest seafood. Open seven days a week at 11:00 am.
· Old Bull Tavern – One of Beauford’s original gastropubs, serving a culmination of American and European comfort foods and cocktails. Open Tuesday – Saturday at 5:00 pm.
· Hearth Pizza – Wood-fired pizzas and scratch Italian entrees. Open seven days a week at 11:00 am.
· Plums – Breakfast and lunch with a breathtaking waterfront view. Open seven days a week from 8:00
am – 4:00 pm.
· Saltus River Grill – Enjoy all of the Lowcountry staples with an urban seafood twist. As an added bonus, most ingredients are locally sourced! Open seven days a week at 5:00 pm.
· Mr. Seafood – Traditional southern seafood at its finest. Open Tuesday – Sunday at 11:00 am.
· Q on Bay – An upscale BBQ smokehouse and taproom with a gorgeous waterfront view. Open Wednesday – Sunday at 11:30 am.
· Dockside – A casual seafood dining experience overlooking the Factory Creek River docks on Lady’s Island.
· Ribaut Social Club – Fine dining and fancy cocktails, Lowcountry style! Open Wednesday – Saturday at 5:00 pm and Sunday at 11:00 am.
· Fishcamp on 11th Street – Indulge in classic Lowcountry cuisine along the historic Port Royal shrimp docks. Open seven days a week at 11:00 am.
· Marker 244 – Enjoy an island oasis at the Port Royal landing marina. Open Tuesday – Sunday at 11:00 am.
Check here for all of the menus from the participating restaurants!
The inaugural Beaufort Oyster Festival
The first ever festival is underway and is focused on celebrating all of the wonderful and timeless aspects of the Lowcountry and the Carolina Sea Islands oystering culture! Aside from restaurant week, the two biggest events of the festival will be held this weekend.
· Thursday, January 14th from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Port Royal Sound Foundation – Enjoy a free and family friendly evening at the seminar “The Beginning of an Oyster”. There will be interactive fun, free demonstrations, live entertainment and various food trucks from around the community with restaurant week specials!
· Saturday, January 16th from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm at the Port Royal Community Beer Garden at Sands Beach – Bring the family down for an afternoon at “The way the locals do it!”. Enjoy the local craft beer provided by the beer garden, an authentic oyster roast by the bucket and a fried food truck a la carte! There will also be live entertainment all afternoon by the Cluster Shucks. Admission is $20 and includes an oyster shucker.
As always, make sure to check the event’s Facebook page for all of the latest updates regarding COVID19 safety precautions and changes to the event’s schedule. Enjoy the best local restaurants around while supporting our wonderful Beaufort County community!