Wednesday, February 10, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Enjoy a Romantic Valentine’s Day in the Lowcountry!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and there are few places to celebrate as romantic as the
Lowcountry! While things might look different than previous Valentine’s Days, there are fortunately
many ways to celebrate in style without having to compromise your safety and health. Here are some
of the most romantic ways to celebrate love in the Lowcountry!
- Enjoy your evening on a horse-drawn carriage ride. Whether you’re looking to stay close to
- Beaufort for the night or you want to spend the evening on Hilton Head or in Charleston,
- nothing beats a carriage ride around the Lowcountry and, luckily, you can find them in just
- about every town!
Take advantage of a spa day. A couple’s spa day is quite possibly the most romantic date of
- them all! A day at the spa is both stress-free and a perfect chance to bond in an intimate
- setting. Book a couple’s massage and spend the day getting pampered, together.
Soak in the history that the Lowcountry is engulfed in. We often take for granted the beauty
- and the history that exists in the Lowcountry and Valentine’s Day could be the perfect time to
- enjoy these beauties! While the kids might not be interested in touring the various historical
- landmarks that surround the area, it could be an ideal date-day idea for mom and dad! When
- you’re done exploring, find a corner café for a relaxing and intimate lunch.
Spend the day wine tasting. There’s something about spending the day on a vineyard that
- screams Valentine’s Day fun. Not only will you enjoy quality time with your loved one while
- tasting the best the Lowcountry has to offer but you’ll do so in an outdoor oasis. If wine tasting
- is your Valentine’s outing of choice, consider Island Winery on Hilton Head or Deep Water
- Vineyard on Wadmalaw Island!
Experience a breathtaking sunset cruise. Hilton Head is home to some of the best views, not
- only in the state but the entire country. What better way to enjoy these on the most romantic
- day of the year than with a sunset cruise? Depending on your preferences, you can choose
- anything from a more casual cruise with outstanding dolphin watching or a romantic dinner
- cruise for two!
Pack a picnic and spend the day on the water. This is an ideal activity for a romantic day-date
- or spending the holiday together as a family! Pack a special picnic and spend the day along the
- water relaxing. If you’re wanting to get out and about, this is also the perfect opportunity for
- some hiking and kayaking.
Enjoy a dinner for two at one of the area’s most romantic restaurants. It’s no secret that the most popular way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is by going out for a romantic dinner. It also comes as no surprise that this year, restaurants will be handling Valentine’s Day a little differently. Fortunately, there are countless options for a romantic dinner night, regardless of your comfort level! If you’re wanting to get out of the house for a memorable evening, many
- restaurants are offering indoor dining in a safe environment. If the thought of eating indoors
- still leaves you feeling uneasy, take advantage a patio dining experience with a beautiful
- waterfront view!
Skip the plans and just go with it! Pick a town that you don’t live in and spend the day
- shopping, dining, and walking along the water.
There’s nothing more relaxing and romantic than enjoying a town, and all of its charms, in the Lowcountry! You can’t go wrong with a day in Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head, Charleston, Port Royal and more!
While Valentine’s Day this year is sure to be a little different than in the past, it’s important to
remember that what truly matters is being able to spend the day with those you love most. And how
fortunate are we to do so in the Lowcountry!
For the most up to date holiday events in the Lowcountry, stay up to date on our website, and follow us