Wednesday, February 10, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and there are few places to celebrate as romantic as the
- Enjoy your evening on a horse-drawn carriage ride. Whether you’re looking to stay close to
- Beaufort for the night or you want to spend the evening on Hilton Head or in Charleston,
- nothing beats a carriage ride around the Lowcountry and, luckily, you can find them in just
- about every town!
Take advantage of a spa day. A couple’s spa day is quite possibly the most romantic date of
- them all! A day at the spa is both stress-free and a perfect chance to bond in an intimate
- setting. Book a couple’s massage and spend the day getting pampered, together.
Soak in the history that the Lowcountry is engulfed in. We often take for granted the beauty
- and the history that exists in the Lowcountry and Valentine’s Day could be the perfect time to
- enjoy these beauties! While the kids might not be interested in touring the various historical
- landmarks that surround the area, it could be an ideal date-day idea for mom and dad! When
- you’re done exploring, find a corner café for a relaxing and intimate lunch.
Spend the day wine tasting. There’s something about spending the day on a vineyard that
- screams Valentine’s Day fun. Not only will you enjoy quality time with your loved one while
- tasting the best the Lowcountry has to offer but you’ll do so in an outdoor oasis. If wine tasting
- is your Valentine’s outing of choice, consider Island Winery on Hilton Head or Deep Water
- Vineyard on Wadmalaw Island!
Experience a breathtaking sunset cruise. Hilton Head is home to some of the best views, not
- only in the state but the entire country. What better way to enjoy these on the most romantic
- day of the year than with a sunset cruise? Depending on your preferences, you can choose
- anything from a more casual cruise with outstanding dolphin watching or a romantic dinner
- cruise for two!
Pack a picnic and spend the day on the water. This is an ideal activity for a romantic day-date
- or spending the holiday together as a family! Pack a special picnic and spend the day along the
- water relaxing. If you’re wanting to get out and about, this is also the perfect opportunity for
- some hiking and kayaking.
Enjoy a dinner for two at one of the area’s most romantic restaurants. It’s no secret that the most popular way to celebrate Valentine’s Day is by going out for a romantic dinner. It also comes as no surprise that this year, restaurants will be handling Valentine’s Day a little differently. Fortunately, there are countless options for a romantic dinner night, regardless of your comfort level! If you’re wanting to get out of the house for a memorable evening, many
- restaurants are offering indoor dining in a safe environment. If the thought of eating indoors
- still leaves you feeling uneasy, take advantage a patio dining experience with a beautiful
- waterfront view!
Skip the plans and just go with it! Pick a town that you don’t live in and spend the day
- shopping, dining, and walking along the water.
There’s nothing more relaxing and romantic than enjoying a town, and all of its charms, in the Lowcountry! You can’t go wrong with a day in Beaufort, Bluffton, Hilton Head, Charleston, Port Royal and more!