Thursday, October 14, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Did you know that the Fall season is an incredible time to purchase a Beaufort home? And we have a great Buyer’s market right now!
What makes the Fall season such an amazing time to buy a home? Here’s what you need to know:
- 1. Less Competition. The spring season sees the most home buyers, but those home buyers may actually pay more for their homes as competition for those homes drives up sales price and competing bids. The Fall season has fewer buyers and more available inventory which can leave room for more negotiation on price.
- 2. Prices tend to drop in the Fall after the high season. Making your money go further to purchase the home that meets your needs.
- 3. You can take your time. Fall affords you time to truly find the home that matches your needs and to fully inspect that home before buying. During the Spring/Summer season of 2021, many buyers were foregoing any contingencies in order to get the home they wanted…and paying much more for that home in order to outbid other buyers.
- 4. Mortgage applications and demands on the time of inspectors and realtors is much lower, allowing you to have quicker responses to your questions or concerns.
- 5. Flexibility on your moving date.
- 6. More availability of workers for any home upgrades or renovation projects you’d like to complete.
With current mortgage rates still at historic lows, and an increase looming for next year, it is a great time to buy a home and keep your payments in line.
Let’s chat today and make your dream of homeownership a reality.