Wednesday, April 21, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
One of the best perks of living in the Lowcountry is getting to enjoy all of the amazing festivals that are held throughout the year. While most of them were left with no choice but to cancel in 2020, and some have postponed their 2021 events, there are a few major festivals planning their return this year! If you’re looking to finally get back into the community and enjoy a lively Lowcountry scene, make sure to put these events on your calendar now!
The Lowcountry Strawberry Festival – Thursday, April 29th – Sunday, May 2nd at Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens in Mt. Pleasant
· The Strawberry Festival has been a Lowcountry staple since 1997 and they are thrilled to be back after having to cancel for the first time ever in 2020. Families will enjoy a weekend full of picking your own strawberries, enjoying carnival rides, live entertainment, a petting zoo, a playground, a variety of contests, and much more! As always, there will be limited hours for the u-pick strawberries and families can enjoy a complimentary tractor ride out to the fields.
· Admission for adults, ages 12 and up, is $12 per ticket, children, ages 2 – 11, are $8, and all children 1 and under are free with paid adult admission.
The Beaufort Water Festival – Friday, July 16th – Sunday, July 25th, throughout downtown Beaufort and the Beaufort waterfront
· The return of this anticipated, and highly regarded event, is perhaps the largest festival victory of them all in 2021! One of the largest events in all of the south, the Beaufort Water Festival has been one of the largest non-profit events in the south since 1956.
· The 10-day festival is full of events for everyone in the family to enjoy, including various boat races, fishing tournaments for all ages, sporting tournaments such as bocce ball and badminton, and even a talent show! There will also be various craft fairs, authentic Lowcountry boils, boat tours, concerts in the park (featuring Rodney Atkins!), evening balls and dances, ski shows, and so much more.
· Event details, exact location, and admission costs vary based on the particular event and many events run throughout different days. Check here for a full list of events and schedules! Also, make sure to note the events that are family-friendly vs. the events reserved just for adults that are 18 or older.
Hilton Head Food and Wine Festival – Thursday, September 16th – Sunday, September 19th, throughout Hilton Head
· Enjoy a, much deserved, fall weekend out with your favorite company, while enjoying delicious wine and food. There will be updates on various events throughout the weekend as the event gets nearer!
· Make sure to mark your calendar now for the most popular and anticipated event of the entire festival, year-in and year-out, the Public Tasting on Saturday afternoon at Celebration Park! Tickets to the event are $65 and include unlimited tasting of over 250 world-class wine, paired with food from the best gourmet chefs in the area. This particular event will be held from noon – 3:00 pm and there will also be plenty of beer to be sampled at the beer garden, various local food truck favorites, and live entertainment throughout the entire afternoon.
While there are still many festivals that have been canceled or postponed for 2021, having these major festivals back is the first step back into normalcy in the Lowcountry community! With summer fast approaching, there are sure to be many more events to take advantage of, that give a feeling of normalcy once again!
Make sure to frequently check out our website for all of the latest events and activity updates throughout the Lowcountry and make sure to trust in Sonya Reiselt for all of your Lowcountry buying and selling needs!