Wednesday, June 30, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Can you believe it?? The 4th of July weekend is already upon us! While summer seems to be in full swing, the busiest, and best, weekend of the year has arrived and, after cancelation after cancelation last summer, anticipation is at an all-time high. Luckily, events seem to be in full swing and this weekend will be no exception. So, from parades to flyovers, enjoy this much anticipated weekend with your loved ones in the Lowcountry!
Hilton Head Firecracker 5K – Jarvis Creek Park, Hilton Head
· Sunday, July 4th at 8:00 am.
· Beat the heat and get an early start to your 4th at the 35th annual family fun run! The Firecracker 5K is the oldest road race in Beaufort County and is considered one of the top 10 races in the state! All participants will also receive a race t-shirt and medal.
Beaufort 4th of July Parade – Downtown, Beaufort
· Sunday, July 4th at 4:00 pm.
· Join the Town of Beaufort for their annual 4th of July parade, honoring both the holiday itself and our troops! The route will travel along Front Street, from Gordon to Turner, ending at the Carteret County courthouse.
Gregg Russell 4th of July Concert – Sea Pines Resort, Hilton Head
· Sunday, July 4th from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
· Bring the family and a picnic dinner for a night of fun, and live music! Gregg Russell is an island favorite and is known for his interactive sing-alongs, making it the perfect concert for the whole family to enjoy.
Salute from the Shore – Throughout the shore in the Lowcountry
· Sunday, July 4th in the afternoon.
· Salute from the Shore is, perhaps, the most looked forward to, and appreciated, Lowcountry 4th of July tradition! Grab your family and head to the shoreline around 1:00 pm on the 4th and get ready for the salute! To make it extra fun and special, wear your best red, white, and blue, decorate signs, and make it personal, honoring your favorite veteran or active military members! If you’re looking for the perfect viewing spot, the Sea Pines always have a wonderful view! From their beach, the fighter jets are expected to fly over at about 1:30 pm, followed by the vintage military planes at 1:45 pm.
Summer Jams – Shelter Cove Towne Center, Hilton Head
· Sunday, July 4th from 6:00 pm – 9:00pm.
· Don’t miss the special, Independence Day edition, of one of the Lowcountry’s favorite family events! There will be plenty of activities for the kids to enjoy, such as bounce houses and face painting, while you wait for the spectacular firework display, beginning around 9:00 pm.
Fourth of July Celebration at The Sands – Sand’s Beach, Port Royal
· Sunday, July 4th beginning at noon.
· Enjoy a day full of fun on the beach in Port Royal, while awaiting the evening fireworks! While you’re spending your day with family and friends, enjoy food and beverages and various other activities and entertainment throughout the day. Get there early, as the streets leading to the Sands landing will be shut down all day.
Harbourfest – Shelter Cove, Hilton Head
· Sunday, July 4th beginning at 6:30 pm.
· The fireworks will begin at dusk and, in the meantime, guests can enjoy live music, entertainment, various arts and crafts, and various activities for kids of all ages.
The best weekend of summer will be here and gone before we know it, so it’s important to soak up the sun and all of the memories that ensue with your closest family and friends! Thankfully for all of us in the Lowcountry, we are surrounded by events that are family friendly, patriotic, and the perfect way to come closer as a community.