Wednesday, August 18, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
In one of the most up-and-coming towns in South Carolina, Bluffton, lies a picturesque waterfront community that sprawls over 22,000 acres along the May River: Palmetto Bluff. Bluffton is the fastest growing town in the state and Palmetto Bluff has, undoubtedly, played a pivotal role. Located just minutes from Hilton Head and only 30 minutes from Beaufort, the most ideal neighborhood in a thriving community is making a name for itself, not only in the Lowcountry but in the entirety of the south.
Here are some of the contributing factors in which everyone is longing to call Palmetto Bluff home:
- The community is committed to preserving the land, and beauty, of the environment. There are many conservation areas within the over 20,000 acres of the community and a portion of all of the home and lot sales go to a nonprofit that is dedicated to protecting the neighborhood’s natural resources.
- · The amenities for residents are endless and many are optional for both participation and funding! Similar to other master-planned communities, there is a standard annual POA in which all residents are responsible to pay. However, it’s also combined with a conservation fee, to further help preserve the natural aspects within the neighborhood. Included in this POA is having access to the entire community, including three fitness centers, bicycle, and kayak rentals, access to, and discounts at the community restaurants, three swimming pools, and the various trails, fishing lakes, and sporting courts throughout the neighborhood. Residents willing to invest a little more into the neighborhood also have the luxury of opting in to access the neighborhood Equestrian Center, renowned Jack Nicklaus golf course, a full-service marina, and a shooting club. Those not interested in these extra amenities do not have to carry the burden of financially supporting them!
- · Aside from the modern, upscale amenities, you’ll find yourself living a slow-paced picturesque lifestyle. Fine, yet simple, living at its best. Everywhere you turn, you’ll see neighbors rocking on their front porches, admiring the kids riding their bikes throughout the neighborhood. Kids themselves can’t seem to get enough of the endless summer days of fishing and catching frogs. Families are truly encouraged to spend quality, unplugged time together. And, every night at the inn, you’ll enjoy roasting s’mores over a bonfire. A lifestyle that seems to only exist in the movies is a true reality for those who are fortunate to live in Palmetto Bluff.
- · The homes within Palmetto Bluff are just as diverse as the preserved environment that surrounds them. They are a perfect combination of quaint, tight-knit cottages to modern, southern-style homes. Regardless of which home you choose, you’ll relish living under the live oaks and being able to see the wildlife from your back window.
- · Within the community, you’ll have exclusive access to Palmetto Bluff restaurants, conservation classes, monthly artist in residence workshops, food and wine classes, unique boutiques and the neighborhood farm. There is also an award-winning day spa, horizon lap pools that overlook the beautiful May River and a movement studio, giving residents the ability to indulge incomplete relaxation.
- In what is truly a best of both worlds community, living in Palmetto Bluff, sprawled along the May River, offers its residents a peaceful lifestyle, wrapped within the best that Lowcountry nature has to offer, with an abundance of high-end amenities fit for a king. Regardless of what originally draws you into living in Palmetto Bluff, you’ll find that their purpose of giving residents the ability to live within the natural environment in which the Lowcountry was meant to be, yet still enjoying a finer lifestyle is truly second to none.
Make sure to keep up to date with all new listings to the market and community information and events on our website, and follow us on Facebook year-round, for all of the best that Beaufort and the Lowcountry have to offer its residents!