Wednesday, March 23, 2022 / by Sonya Reiselt
You have many choices when it comes to realtors in the Beaufort market. Some of them are very experienced, focused, efficient, knowledgeable, and willing to go the extra mile for their clients… and some are not. Finding the right realtor to sell your home is critical and can make or break the sale of your home in many ways.
You’ll want to find an experienced local agent who has a strong knowledge of the market and community, uses a full range of marketing tools and resources to get you the best offer for your home in the shortest amount of time, charging a fair rate and consulting with you every step of the way. Whew…are you thinking that may be hard to find? I’m here to help. Here are the questions you should be asking.1. How much? I’m starting here only because it is always the first question on every seller’s mind- How much will you list my home for? An experienced local agent will have researched the homes in your neighborhood, know what comparable homes have sold for, and give you a realistic idea of your home's current market value from which to set the sales price. If you’ve talked to a few agents and two come in with the same listing price and one is higher, I’d caution you as to just jumping to the higher list price. This is sometimes done just to gain your business- which does you no good in the sale of your home.
2. Preparing my home for the market? Do you help me prepare my home for the market? Pre-market analysis? Repair or update suggestions? Staging? What can I expect before we would go to market?
3. How would you market my home? Not all real estate agents market homes the same way! Besides the MLS, what other online sources will you be using? Do you utilize professional photos? Do you utilize professional videos? Will you have graphics for social media? Do you have your own website that will feature my home? What other resources do you have available to reach potential buyers?
4. Have you sold other homes in our neighborhood? It’s a great time to find out how many homes the agent has sold that are similar in size, property type, and community to yours. What did the home(s) sell for? How long were they on the market?
5. What is your personal experience in the Beaufort market? How long has the agent been licensed and active in the Beaufort market? Are they a full-time agent? Do they typically work with sellers? What type of homes do they normally work with? Do they have a specialty? Do they work in a specific area or price range?
6. Ask for references. It isn’t out of the question to ask for a reference from a former client or two. A great real estate agent always has clients that are more than happy to talk about their experience working with their realtor when selling or purchasing a home.
7. What would you expect from us? Always a great question to ask. Your agent will be doing most of the work in selling your home, but the home seller will always be involved so it’s important to find out on the front end what the realtor will expect from you throughout the process.
I have called this beautiful area my home since 1984, and it still amazes me that we live in a place that feels like a vacation destination all year round. Beaufort exudes charm with its laid-back culture, rich history, and southern living at its finest, it’s no wonder people from all over want to call this place their home, ….and I enjoy helping them do just that.
Let’s set up a time to talk and get you on your way to the next chapter in your life.