Wednesday, October 20, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
The Arts & Seafood Festival in Bluffton is one of the most anticipated events of the year throughout the Lowcountry and it runs through Sunday the 24th! The 17th annual, award-winning event is highlighted by its popular street festival, and this year it will be held on Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th. Here is everything you need to know before heading to downtown Bluffton this weekend!
Friday, October 22nd
· May River Boat Tour – Boat tours will take place throughout the festival every hour, on the hour. Tickets are $30 per person and participants should meet at Public Dock at the end of Calhoun Street. Enjoy a one-hour guided boat cruise along the May while learning and searching for various wildlife and the habitat.
· Sips and Seafood Party – From 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm at Hewitt Oaks. Spend a beautiful evening under the stars enjoying a mouthwatering Lowcountry-style dinner with unique cocktails and high-end silent auctions.
Saturday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 24th – The 17th Annual Street Festival
· May River Boat Tours will continue to run every hour, on the hour throughout the weekend.
· Old Town Oyster Race & Run – This 10K road race, with 5K options, will begin at 8:00 am sharp on Saturday morning and finish at approximately 10:30 am. Both the 10K and 5K races will take runners through Old Town Bluffton and end with an after-party with beer, coffee, mimosas, oyster shooters, gumbo, and more! You can register for the race here.
· Take a Kid Fishing Tournament – Taking place on Saturday for children ages 13 and under, along with their parents, from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm at Wright Park. Registration is from 9:30 am – 10:30 am and the weigh-in will be at 12:30 pm. The event is free of charge and prizes will be given to the kids with the top weighing fish!
· Street Fest – Taking place both Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm (4:00 pm on Sunday) throughout downtown Bluffton. This is what the festival is all about! Walk through the extensive art show, including ceramics, photography, pottery, oils, pastels, and more, that features over 100 artists, both local and regional. And make sure you come with an empty stomach because there will be an extensive amount of the best Lowcountry fare around! Provided by local restaurants, there will be food ranging from seafood to comfort food! There will also be a tailgate area for those looking to catch their favorite game while enjoying a craft beer and listening to live music. As always, it’s the best party of the fall!
· Art in the Park – Taking place both Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm in DuBois Park on Boundary Street. A perfect event for the kids! There will be plenty of hands-on art stations for the kids to show their creative side and create their own work of art. There will also be games and prizes for all ages.
· Rockin’ on the Dock – Taking place on Saturday from 6:00 pm – dusk at Bluffton Oyster Co. End the night in style! There will be a seafood extravaganza tasting, fireworks, live music performed by the Chiggers, and plenty of fun and dancing!
It’s important to plan accordingly for the Street Fest, as all of downtown will be closed for vehicles and parking of any kind. The festival will provide free trolley shuttles from Red Cedar Elementary from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm on Saturday and 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on Sunday. Whether you’re planning on going for one day, or spending your weekend out with the community, make sure to enjoy one of the most loved Lowcountry festivals this weekend!