Wednesday, September 29, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
One of the best ways to fully embrace fall in the Lowcountry is to frequent one of the area’s popular farmers' markets! These days, markets are about so much more than local produce. They’re about supporting local vendors and artisans, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, and embracing your community!
We are fortunate to be surrounded by quality markets, many open year-round, to choose from!
Olde Beaufort Farmers Market – Beaufort (Courthouse Square)
• The market takes place every Saturday, through mid-November, from 9:00 – 1:00.
• One thing is clear when you visit the Olde Beaufort Farmers Market: there is no lack of community pride and support. Beaufort residents can rely on the market to essentially provide them with all the produce they could possibly want, as well as farm fresh eggs, pasture-raised meat, honey, florals, and seafood caught in Beaufort’s own backyard. There is also a wide variety of vendors offering homemade baked goods, jams/jellies, pre-prepared meals, and so much more than any Lowcountry foodie would enjoy!
Farmers Market Bluffton – Bluffton (Oyster Company Park)
• The market takes place every Thursday from noon – 5:00, year-round.
• This market began as a grassroots movement in 2006 and has been an overwhelming success for the community ever since. When you visit, you’ll find an abundance of local vendors offering fresh produce, baked good, florals, and more. You can also count on quality, live entertainment, and a community eager to support one another.
The Hilton Head Farmers Market – Hilton Head (Central Discovery Museum’s Honey Horn campus)
• The market takes place every Tuesday from 9:00 – 1:00, year-round.
• You’ll find just about everything at the Hilton Head Farmers Market! From market standards such as produce, homemade baked goods, and beautiful floral arrangements, to local poultry, meat, and eggs, there is a vendor for everything! You can also count on finding the freshest seafood in the area, guaranteed to be caught just steps away on the island!
• For those looking to make an entire morning out of the market, you can also take advantage of their schedule of rotating food trucks, each being local staples serving Lowcountry classics and go-to’s.
Port Royal Farmers Market – Port Royal (Naval Heritage Park)
• The market takes place every Saturday from 9:00 – noon, year-round. The market does not allow dogs.
• You will never leave empty-handed from the Port Royal Farmers Market! When you visit, you can plan to find an assortment of seasonal produce, fresh-caught oysters and shrimp, meat, and homemade bread and cheeses. And don’t forget about the beautiful floral bouquets and plants!
• If you get hungry while visiting, make sure to check out the local food vendors serving coffee, baked goodies, breakfast items, BBQ, crab cakes, and much more!
Regardless of which market you choose to call your own, embrace the local community and enjoy the fall months in the Lowcountry! This calmer, cooler, time of year is the perfect opportunity to support our local artisans and farmers while making sure you are still making lasting memories with your family, and there is no better way than weekly visits to your local market.
Get the most out of Lowcountry favorites and stay up-to-date on our website and Facebook page!