Wednesday, September 22, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Fall is officially here and the beauty of the season just might be the Lowcountry’s best-kept secret! The weather is ideal and the events are endless. And one of the most rewarding ways to spend a perfect fall day throughout the Lowcountry is to take a trip to one of the many festive pumpkin patches! Some are in our very own backyard while others are well worth the drive – whichever you decide, your family is guaranteed to spend the day making great memories and new traditions!
Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch – Mount Pleasant
· The drive to Mount Pleasant is worth it when the Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch is involved! Over the years, it has become a staple not just in the area but also across the state. After taking a break from normal festivities last year, they are back in full swing, providing guests with quality pumpkins, hayrides, a petting zoo and so much more!
· Boone Hall is open every weekend in October: Friday – Saturday from 10:00 – 6:00 and Sunday from 12:00 – 6:00. Admission is $12 per person, and children under 2 are free. Your admission costs include all activities!
Cahills Market – Bluffton
· You can always count on Cahill’s to have some of the best, and biggest, pumpkins in the area. To really get your curb appeal in the fall spirit, you can also stock up on a variety of mums, gourds, corn stalks, and a plethora of fall produce! While you’re picking out the perfect products, the kids will enjoy playing the hay pyramid.
· Seasonal hours are Monday – Wednesday from 7:30 – 5:00, Thursday – Saturday from 7:30 – 9:00, and Sunday from 9:00 – 3:00.
Carteret Street United Methodist Church – Beaufort
· A true downtown Beaufort staple! You’ll know fall is approaching in the Lowcountry when you see the pumpkin patch take up the entirety of the lawn, beginning September 30th and running through the end of October. As an added bonus, like past years, all proceeds will go towards the youth ministry programs within the church.
Dempsey Farms – St. Helena Island
· A classic and charming farm without all of the bells and whistles. Enjoy picking pumpkins at Dempsey Farms straight off of the vine and pick up a variety of other fresh, fall vegetables while you’re there!
· Seasonal hours are Monday through Saturday, from 9:00 – 6:00 pm and the farm will be open through November 15th.
Hibben United Pumpkin Patch – Mount Pleasant
· Pumpkins for a good cause! All of the pumpkins found at Hibben United’s pumpkin patch are grown by a Navajo tribe in New Mexico and proceeds go directly towards both the growers themselves as well as local charities that the church prides itself in supporting. You’ll be hard-pressed to find pumpkins as beautiful and large as the ones available at Hibben United!
· Open Monday – Friday from 11:00 – 7:00, Saturdays from 10:00 – 7:00, and Sundays from 12:00 – 7:00.
Holiday Farms – Ridgeland
· This community favorite will be open for the season beginning October 4th! The pumpkins are large and known to be of the highest quality and while you’re visiting you’ll love the various activities such as a petting zoo, pig and duck races, cow milking, and a trip to their popular general store!
· Seasonal hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 – 2:00, Friday and Saturday from 9:00 – dark, and Sunday from 1:00 – 5:00.
The Pumpkin Patch at Mistletoe Lane – Summerville
· You can get all of your favorite fall décors right at The Pumpkin Patch! There are a plethora of pumpkins to choose from, ranging from small and round, perfect for painting, to large and ideal for carving! There are also a variety of gourds, mums, cornstalks, seasonal flowers, and cornstalks.
· Hours vary depending on day and weather so make sure to check their Facebook page before heading out!
Enjoy the best of fall at the various pumpkin patches throughout the area and make sure to cherish the memories made both at the patch and at home while carving and decorating with your pumpkins! It’s truly one of the best times of the year for Lowcountry families of all ages!
For more Lowcountry Fall fun and events make sure to follow our Facebook page and visit our blog frequently.
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!