Wednesday, October 14, 2020 / by Sonya Reiselt
Lowcountry Pumpkin Patches you need to Visit!
October is in full swing and it’s officially time to visit one of the Lowcountry’s best pumpkin patches! While you're looking for the perfect carving pumpkin or a specific shape and size to compliment your fall décor, your family will enjoy guaranteed fun spending time together finding your pumpkins and enjoying activities that only come in the fall!
Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch – Mount Pleasant
· Boone Hall is changing things up a bit this year, due to current COVID conditions. In order to provide their guests a safe and enjoyable time, they are offering a Pumpkin Patch Drive Through Halloween Trial. This will allow families to still have the opportunity to see the festive scenes and displays that the pumpkin patch is known for, from the comfort of their cars. Once finished with the drive-through, families will be directed to the corn maze, in which they can get out and experience while safely social distancing. Pumpkins will be available for purchase at the Boone Hall Farms Roadside Produce Stand.
· Tickets are $10 per vehicle and they are open Friday and Saturdays from 10:00 – 6:00 and Sundays from 12:00 – 6:00, every weekend in October.
Cahills Market – Bluffton
· A Lowcountry classic! Head over to Cahills to get your fresh pumpkins, mum, wheat straw, corn stalks, and gourds. While you’re there, enjoy their one-of-a-kind menu of farm to table southern cuisine!
· Open Monday – Saturday from 8:00 – 7:00 and Sundays from 9:00 – 3:00.
Carolina Pumpkins – North Charleston
· Stop by for all your front porch décor needs. They have corn stalks, mums, wheat straw, pumpkins of all sizes, and unique carving kits!
Carteret Street United Methodist Church – Beaufort
· Located in the heart of downtown Beaufort, every fall Carteret Street Methodist Church turns itself in a fall haven. Get together with your community and support a good cause as all of the funding received goes directly to the church’s youth ministry program.
· Open daily throughout October from noon – 6:00.
Dempsey Farms – St. Helena Island
· A classic you-pick farm that is full of pumpkins and various fall vegetables! Families will enjoy a classic, traditional day at the pumpkin patch.
· Fall vegetables are available for picking until November 15th.
Hibben United Pumpkin Patch – Mount Pleasant
· All pumpkins at Hibben United are also grown by a Navajo tribe in New Mexico and are known for both their beauty and unmatched sizes! All proceeds from the patch are split between the growers of the pumpkins themselves and local charities supported by the church.
· Open Monday – Friday from 11:00 – 7:00, Saturdays from 10:00 – 7:00 and Sundays from 12:00 – 7:00.
Holiday Farms – Ridgeland
· A day spent at Holiday Farms will sure be a memorable one! Not only do they have one of the largest pumpkin patches in the area but families can also enjoy farm animals, hayrides, duck races, a jump pad, corn mazes, and more!
· Admission is $12 per person, including all activities and a pumpkin, and hours are Thursday – Saturday from 9:00 – 6:00 and Sundays from 12:00 – 6:00 through October 31st.
Hometown Roots Farm – Summerville
· A fall festival like no other! Enjoy a large pumpkin patch, petting zoo, hayrides, corn mazes, campfires and so, so much more!
· Admission ranges from $4 – $10 and hours are Tuesday – Thursday from 4:00 – 8:00, Fridays from 4:00 – 10:00, Saturdays from 10:00 – 10:00 and Sundays from 10:00 – 7:00 through November 1st.
John Wesley Pumpkin Patch – Charleston
· All proceeds for this pumpkin patch go toward assisting interested youths in the church attend annual mission trips.
· Open daily from 10:00 – 8:00 Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 8:00 on Saturdays and 12:00 – 8:00 on Sundays.
The Pumpkin Patch at Mistletoe Lane – Summerville
· A dream location for those looking for more than just pumpkins! While they have an exceptional selection of pumpkins and carving kits, also available are high-quality cornstalks, mums, hay bales, and gourds.
· Hours vary depending on day and weather so make sure to check their Facebook page before heading out!
West Farm Corn Maze – Moncks Corner
· The pumpkins at West Farm are grown locally in South Carolina! Enjoy a day with your family and take in the corn maze, pumpkin barn, farm animals, hayride, and more!
· Admission costs vary based on ages and preferred activities – check the website above for the most detailed information.
· Open Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 – 5:00, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 – 10:00 and Sundays from 10:00 – 7:00 through November 1st.
Enjoy your day at the pumpkin patch! As always, make sure to bring a mask and practice responsible social distancing.
Stay up to date on the latest community events by checking out our website!