Wednesday, April 28, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
There has never been a more opportune time for homeowners to put their home on the market and it is crucial that they have a trusted realtor at their side, guiding & advising them throughout the entire process! In a market where the majority of listed homes are receiving multiple offers, it’s more important than ever to confide in someone who you can trust and has expert experience in both the market and the Lowcountry community. While the current climate remains influenced by sites such as Zillow, it’s easy to understand why sellers are curious about listing their home FSBO, however, if you’re really serious about getting the best offer for your home, making sure you've dotted all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's" to protect you in the process, it can’t be stressed enough that choosing to partner with the best local realtor is your best option.
Here are the main reasons why it’s imperative to always choose a realtor in your home selling (and buying) journey:
· 1. First Things First- Let’s start at the very beginning of the process: when you first give them a call, your realtor will visit you at your home and walk you through their recommended repairs and touchups that you should do on your home before the listing goes live. Then, they will assist you with both the staging (and décor advice) and photography for the listing. Trusting the advice of your realtor from the beginning will be beneficial in getting your home in the right place for the market and ready to impress all of its potential buyers!
· 2. PRICING Once your home is ready to be listed, it’s also ready to be priced. Accurately pricing a home is more than just knowing how much the sticker cost would be. It also comes from the vast experience and knowledge in the current market, the city you live in, your neighborhood, school district, and other varying factors. Even houses that have similar floorplans and amenities can range in value depending on these factors and it takes an expert realtor to correctly determine what price point works best to accomplish all your goals. All too often, sellers who choose to list their home FSBO, initially price their home too high for the market, resulting in complications from the inspection to the final appraisal. Not to mention sitting many extra days or even months on the market! To give you peace of mind, knowing your home is appropriately priced to sell, trust in your realtor to steer you in the right direction!
3. Getting Exposure for your Listing- After your house has officially hit the market, your realtor will dedicate an exponential amount of time to selling it as fast and successfully as possible. They won’t only coordinate and show your home to interested buyers but will also dedicate their time, and resources, to marketing the listing on their social media pages, MLS sites, and their professional website. Between using these outlets to market your home, as well as word-of-mouth with other trusted realtors, you’re sure to get the best possible offer for your home when using a realtor. When choosing the route of FSBO, your resources are likely to be cut in half, at least!
· 4. Ensure your working with Qualified Buyers- Did you know that many “interested” buyers that come to look at your home won’t be previously pre-approved for a loan? Verification of qualification will save you many potential headaches down the road. They will weed out the serious buyers from those just “looking” and won’t accept offers unless they have officially been pre-approved. Then, they will sit down with you to discuss which offer suits your family best! They will also be your voice when negotiating the various contingencies and conditions that the buyer is asking for, with their realtor.
· 5. Negotiating the Offers- With the current market being so highly in favor of sellers, you can almost assume that your home is going to get multiple offers. While it might seem like the highest offer is the one you should choose, there are quite a few factors that go into this. Your realtor will go through every detail, no matter how small, of every offer you receive, and give you guidance on which is best suited for your family.
You’ll know when you’ve found the right realtor to represent you in the sale of your home because they will treat you like family! And with Sonya Reiselt, you’ll know from the get-go that she will treat selling your home as if it was her own. She will ensure that every loose end is taken care of and represent your interests and goals every step of the way. Selling a home can be stressful, even in this market, but it can be a much simpler process with Sonya at your side! With her integrity, high expectations in herself, marketing expertise, and vast Lowcountry knowledge, you won’t find anyone else to make you feel so well taken care of!
If you're considering selling your Lowcountry Home, start here with a FREE HOME VALUE analysis and reach out to Sonya at 843-321-2158 for any questions you may have and to get the process started.