Wednesday, November 11, 2020 / by Sonya Reiselt
While it’s no secret that Hilton Head and the rest of the Lowcountry are a wonderful place for anyone to call home, one thing is for certain: it’s the ideal place to retire. Sure, there are many wonderful options the further south you go, but none have the charm and history offered in the Lowcountry, paired with the amenities and experiences offered in our very backyard! There’s no question about it if you’re looking to retire, Hilton Head and the surrounding Lowcountry area will not disappoint!
The Beach Views
Hilton Head has over 12 miles of beach, offering retirees a rare opportunity to enjoy the good life with the best views. Walking, running and enjoying the beach is a daily occurrence for those who reside on the island. The island and its beaches have been ranked as the best in the United States, as well as the #2 island in the world! Between these prestigious recognitions and the desirable yearly temperatures, it doesn’t get better than that.
Search all Beachfront Homes
Hilton Head is home to over 20 championship golf courses and clubs! Residents have their pick at some of the best golfing in the nation. The following are some of the most prestigious:
· Country Club of Hilton Head – an 18-hole championship course with swimming, tennis, fine dining, and much more on-site for members.
· Golden Bear Golf Club at Indigo Run – an 18-hole public course designed by Jack Nicklaus himself.
· Oyster Reef Golf Club – Often considered a favorite by locals, this course provides both renowned golf and the best kind of company.
· Palmetto Dunes – Views, views, views! It doesn’t get more breathtaking than this resort club. And it could be in your own backyard!
Living for the Future
Hilton Head takes sustainable living seriously. So seriously, in fact, that it’s the first eco-planned community in the United States. Your future will be bright knowing you have chosen to retire in a community that is dedicated to the well-being of its citizens, its wildlife and the environment.
There is more to the island than walking the beaches and golfing! All of your hobbies will be renewed when you make your final move to Hilton Head.
· Bicycling – the island is home to over 50 miles of trails for both biking and walking/running. You won’t have to worry about staying active and healthy in your later years!
· Fishing – Everywhere you turn, you will see someone fishing on the island. So much so that it just might be Hilton Head’s favorite pastime. Whether you’re looking to own your own or charter a boat, find a new favorite dock to make memories with the grandkids, or adventure throughout the island, you’ll have your pick with the best fresh and saltwater fish on the coast!
You will never find yourself looking for something to fill your days when you retire on the island. Hilton Head’s reputation proceeds itself with all of the things you’ll need to have a fulfilling lifestyle.
· Dining – from fine dining to water-front cafes, your dining opportunities will be endless and fulfill all of your wildest dreams! You’ll have go-to’s to meet up with all of your new life-long friends and the favorites that will be a must when your family comes for a visit! Don’t forget the many comedy and jazz clubs after you’ve finished with dinner!
· Shopping – Everything you need to outfit yourself; you’ll find on the island. Hilton Head is home to your favorite national chains, as well as local artisans and their exceptional boutiques.
A Laid-Back Lifestyle
When all is said and done, when you look for your perfect place to retire, you want to know that there will be plenty to fill your days, while also everything you need to relax. There is no place like Hilton Head. The warm evenings will allow you the opportunity to spend your nights on the porch, enjoying the ocean breeze and families’ laughter from the beach. The moment you cross the bridges to get onto the island, you’ll know you’re finally home!