Thursday, October 14, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Did you know that the Fall season is an incredible time to purchase a Beaufort home? And we have a great Buyer’s market right now!
What makes the Fall season such an amazing time to buy a home? Here’s what you need to know:
1. Less Competition. The spring season sees the most home buyers, but those home buyers may actually pay more for their homes as competition for those homes drives up sales price and competing bids. The Fall season has fewer buyers and more available inventory which can leave room for more negotiation on price.
2. Prices tend to drop in the Fall after the high season. Making your money go further to purchase the home that meets your needs.
3. You can take your time. Fall affords you time to truly find the home that matches your needs and to fully inspect that home before buying. During the Spring/Summer season of 2021, many buyers were fo. ...
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
It’s no secret that both Beaufort and Charleston, the two oldest towns in the state, have been known to be two of the most haunted cities in the country. And with this reputation has come a developing ghost tour scene that is truly unique and has become a can’t miss experience! While there are a plethora of tours between both Beaufort and Charleston, these are some of the most popular and well-known that are open for the 2021 season!
Tales of the Lowcountry
· Hours and dates vary, so make sure to reserve a timeslot online! Ticket prices are $20 per adult and $7 for children ages 6 – 12. All kids ages 5 and under are free.
· Join an expert guide through the oldest graveyard in Beaufort and learn all about the past residents who were buried alive, the history of who practiced voodoo in town, the notorious ! ...
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
One of the best ways to fully embrace fall in the Lowcountry is to frequent one of the area’s popular farmers' markets! These days, markets are about so much more than local produce. They’re about supporting local vendors and artisans, encouraging a healthy lifestyle, and embracing your community!
We are fortunate to be surrounded by quality markets, many open year-round, to choose from!
Olde Beaufort Farmers Market – Beaufort (Courthouse Square)
• The market takes place every Saturday, through mid-November, from 9:00 – 1:00.
• One thing is clear when you visit the Olde Beaufort Farmers Market: there is no lack of community pride and support. Beaufort residents can rely on the market to essentially provide them with all the produce they could possibly want, as well as farm fresh eggs, pasture-raised meat, honey, florals, and seafood caught in Beaufort’s own backyard. There is also a ! ...
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
Just 17 miles east of Beaufort lies a paradise oasis unlike any other: Hunting Island State Park. With a long weekend ahead, it’s the perfect time to enjoy this popular destination for both locals and tourists, alike, and experience the best that the Lowcountry outdoors has to offer. There’s a reason why this remarkable park attracts a million visitors each year and it won’t take you long to figure out exactly why!
Hunting Island boasts a beautiful historic lighthouse that also happens to be the only one that has public access in the state. Admission is $2 per person and visitors will find the 167 steps to the top well worth it when they take in the picturesque view of the barrier island and the vast seascape! Tickets are by reservation only either online or in-person.
There are many trails within the park that are fit for people of all levels of expertise! Whether you’re look ...
Wednesday, August 11, 2021 / by Sonya Reiselt
The Lowcountry community has long taken pride in our ability and commitment to supporting local businesses throughout every season of the year and it certainly shows within the quality and longevity of all of our coffee shops and cafes! From coffee beans roasted in house from all over the world, to freshly baked bread, whose smell instantly takes you into a European bakery, the cafes and coffee shops throughout the Lowcountry are truly some of the best!
Beaufort Bakery & Cafe – Beaufort
A true artisan bakery and patisserie right in the heart of Beauford. Stop in for freshly made bread and pastries that will pair perfectly with your coffee at home or enjoy a relaxing breakfast or brunch with your favorite company!
Beloved Coffee Roasters – Beaufort
This gem in Beaufort is a true local coffee shop with local coffee for purchase to enjoy in-house as well as freshly roasted bags to make at home. Not only is all of their coffee roaste; ...